Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shall We Dance?

You know I love Cultures. I also really love Cultural Dances. Recently I was treated to a new one, Tinikling the national dance of the Phillipines. What fun! My daughter learned to do it in her music class, and they demonstrated it for the parents.

Of course, like any form of dance the dancers make it look easy. After the presentation, the parents were given a chance to try it. Never wanting to miss an opportunity to make a fool of myself, I jumped right up. Fortunately, I was also able to persuade my friends to come try it too, though they did much better than I did. It is harder than it looks! I was doing great until the sticks started moving.

Watch, and if you are feeling adventurous, get some bamboo, or PVC pipe (which ever is easiest to find in your area) and a couple 'stickers' and give it a try! You are guaranteed some laughs and a great work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, I hate it too, but spam has gotten bad lately.