Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Housekeeping moment....google reader, email subscriptions etc

Darn computers!  I was just working on a post...one that needs some editing yet, and suddenly a message popped up that said, "Automatic save is turned off because this post has been published."

ACK! What?  I didn't publish that, it needs editing.  But I looked at my blog and sure enough there it was.  Curse, curse, mutter, mutter.  So I did the best thing I could think of...I copied it and deleted!

Whew, problem solved, right?  Wrong...  I "follow" myself on google reader (because something like this happened before!).  I wanted to know if deleting it on my blog would delete it on google reader also...apparently not.  It's there. 

So I apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities with my grammar and spelling errors...I am going to fix those and repost...sigh!

If you have an email subscription...I don't know if it emailed before I deleted or not...

NOW that we are on the subject though...if you don't already follow on google reader, or email or some other kind of reader, you might want to give it a try!  I love google reader.  Instead of manually clicking on each blog I want to follow to see if there are any new posts, I just 'subscribe' to them via google reader.  Then with one click, all the current blog post from the many blogs I follow are there at my finger tips! 

Email notification would be handy too.

Anyway, that is just a thought.  As for me, I think in the future, I will do my rough drafts in microsoft office to prevent these "crisises" in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, I hate it too, but spam has gotten bad lately.