Friday, October 15, 2010

National Grouch Day

"According to Sesame Street Magazine, October 15th is National Grouch Day -- a day for all Grouches to celebrate their way of life.

A Grouch's mission in life is to be as miserable and grouchy as possible, and pass that feeling on to everyone else. Only then will a Grouch feel in touch with his or her world and be happy. Yet, even though a Grouch may show happiness at anyone's misfortune (including his or her own), a Grouch would never admit to being happy. Such is the stability of a Grouch's life: so balanced, and yet so unbalanced."

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/National_Grouch_Day
 
My family will tell you that this is very timely...for me...and that I have been a grouch for a couple weeks now.  but you're not going to believe THEM are you?
 
Seriously, if we set aside the fact that I have become a contender for the title Wicked Witch of the West...I'm doing just fine.  Those of you that know me in real life probably think I'm kidding.  I wish I was.  It seems I need to process some anger from the past.  My therapist is working with me on this....both to help me not permanently damage my most important relationships, but also to help me direct the anger to where it belongs.  Which reminds me...I am going to disembowel the next person that tells me to forgive my abuser.  You have been put on notice.  (And you didn't believe that I am grumpy. . .)   Both my Bishop and my Therapist know how I feel about the forgiveness topic, and are supportive...so don't make me get out my sword.  Ok, I don't have a sword...don't make me find one on ebay and then find you.
 
Did I mention I am cranky? 
 
Happy National Grouch Day to you!

1 comment:

  1. I think we grouches should be able to declare "Grouch Day" anytime we feel the need to have an official reason to become the grouches we can be!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, I hate it too, but spam has gotten bad lately.