Thursday, March 19, 2009

An unusual autograph collection

I don't usually write about my own children, but today I just have to make an exception.

I have 5 children, 4 boys and one girl. My daughter, Vienna, is right in the middle. She is a character! A couple years ago she nicknamed her dad, "Poor woodcutter" for reasons we never could quite figure out.

Yesterday she decided to leave a note, some chocolate chips (she didn't have time to make cookies), and some quarters and other change for The Leprechans. I don't know where she got this idea, but last year she left something for them too.

She asked for their autograph, a four leaf clover if possible, some gold dust, a piece of their clothing and an unusual coin. She asked how tall they are and where they live, and "don't say next to the Easter Bunny like the Tooth Fairy did." Oh yes, she has left notes and got autographs from Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy also.

So today she proudly announced to me that the Leprechans live at the end of the rainbow so they can protect their gold. And "Mama, all magical creatures must be a bit mischievious because the Leprechans said they are taller than a catepillar, but how big is a catepillar?" The Leprechans left her a coin from Hong Kong, which she thought was much cooler than the dollar bill they left last year. I am scratching my head wondering what they will leave next year.

I suggested that she blog about it, and she just looked at me strangely and said, "why?"...as if there were nothing interesting or noteworthy about this conversation. What was I thinking? All children collect autographs from magical creatures, right?

Since she wouldn't blog about it, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, I hate it too, but spam has gotten bad lately.